Get Up to Speed on New Physical Therapy Documentation Requirements to Stay Compliant and Ensure Proper Payment
Thursday, May 18, 2017
1:00-2:00 p.m. Eastern
Margie Scalley Vaught, CPC, COC, CPC-I, CCS-P, MCS-P, ACS-EM, ACS-OR
Level of Program:
The 2017 CPT codes for physical therapy evaluations present new challenges for providers and coders: Therapists now must adequately address four separate elements to select the evaluation code with the appropriate complexity. These new codes also come with additional coding requirements from Medicare—not following them risks denial. As if that weren’t enough, the HHS Office of Inspector General (OIG) is continuing to scrutinize therapy documentation for errors in such details as physician certification of the plan of care and documentation of medical necessity for therapy services.
Join orthopedic coding expert Margie Scalley Vaught, CPC, COC, CPC-I, CCS-P, MCS-P, ACS-EM, ACS-OR, to learn the new therapy evaluation codes and the documentation they require. Vaught will also help you make sense of Medicare’s revised requirements for reporting these codes to avoid related denials, giving you the tools to troubleshoot typical code assignment problems.
At the conclusion of this program, participants will be able to:
- Identify the new therapy evaluation codes and the documentation they require
- Troubleshoot typical problems relating to assigning the new codes
- Understand Medicare’s revised requirements for reporting these codes to avoid related denials
- Be aware of the OIG’s hot-button documentation pitfalls and how to steer clear of them
- Selecting the complexity level for the new physical therapy evaluation codes
- Real-life evaluation code examples
- Top therapy documentation errors being targeted by the OIG and strategies to avoid them
- Complying with Medicare’s revised policies for reporting the new therapy evaluation codes
- Refresher on existing documentation requirements to reduce your audit risk and denial rate
- Live Q&A
Who Should Listen?
- Physician practice coders
- Coding managers
- Billing managers
- Compliance managers
Your Expert Presenter
Margie Scalley Vaught, CPC, COC, CPC-I, CCS-P, MCS-P, ACS-EM, ACS-OR, has more than 30 years of experience in the healthcare arena, including more than 20 years in orthopedic coding, billing, and reimbursement. She frequently performs internal audits, provides education and training to physicians and office staff, and helps clinics establish billing and compliance manuals. Vaught is an advisor on orthopedic coding for the Board of Medical Specialty Coding, and she helped to develop the Advanced Orthopedic Coding credentialing exam. She has contributed many articles to the AAOS Bulletin, and she serves as consulting editor to Medical Practice Coding Pro and the Orthopedic Coder’s Pink Sheet.
How the Webinar Works
- Add this webinar to your shopping cart or call toll-free 1-855-CALL-DH1 (1-855-225-5341).
- In advance of the webinar you will receive a toll free telephone number with dialing instructions and a link to download the course materials. Listen in and follow along live on the web or stream the training On Demand after the live date. Note: On Demand viewers are eligible for CEUs.
- There is no limit to the number of staff from your office who can listen to the webinar live via speakerphone* or view On Demand. Access to the On Demand version and its accompanying materials is guaranteed for 90 days from the date of purchase.
- When prompted, you will have an opportunity to ask your questions during the live webinar only.
Webinar system requirements and program materials:
To fully benefit from the webcast experience, please note you will need a computer equipped with the following:
Internet: 56K or faster Internet connection (high-speed connection recommended)
Streaming: for audio/video streaming, Adobe Flash plug-in or Safari browser on iOS devices
Prior to the webinar, you will receive an email with detailed system requirements, your login information, presentation slides, and other materials that you can print and distribute to all attendees at your location.
CAN'T LISTEN LIVE?
No problem. The On-Demand version is now available. Use it as a training tool at your convenience—whenever your new or existing staff need a refresher or need to understand a new concept. Play it once or dozens of times. A $199 value!
* One phone line per registration fee. Additional connections subject to additional registration fees.