Coding in ICD-9-CM has been extended to October 1, 2015. Ensure your practice has the most up-to-date coding information to guide correct code selection and reduce claim denials with the 2015 ICD-9-CM Professional for Physicians, Volumes 1&2.
As you work in ICD-9, begin to understand ICD-10 with helpful coding tip comparisons and many coding crosswalks integrated throughout the book.
Use this essential code manual to:
- NEW! Quickly identify required documentation elements with Documentation FinderTM - Pinpoint the specific words, phrases and/or synonyms that must be present in the documentation.
- Code more efficiently with more than 500 coding tips integrated throughout the book.
- Get a preview of your most-used ICD-9 codes in ICD-10 with many coding crosswalks, and introductory information at both the chapter and code level highlighting new documentation and specificity requirements.
- Better interpret clinical notes with detailed, full-page anatomy illustrations, plus more than 500 code-specific illustrations.
- Ensure specificity and validity with intuitive icons for age and sex edits, new or revised text, 4th and 5th digit requirements, "and Unspecified" and "Other Specified" notes.
- Use V codes properly with V code designation icons - Recognize when V codes can be used only as primary or additional diagnoses.
- Easily find important information with spiral binding and color tabs for quick code look-up.