Bolster medical necessity decision-making and quickly connect documentation to the right ICD-10 code with 2017 Plain English Descriptions for ICD-10-CM.
Recently updated to deliver more Plain english descriptions for ICD-10-CM codes and categories, your non-clinical staff will increase coding accuracy and reduce claims denials by mastering the language. Designed to work with your ICD-10-CM code book, each code category/code range is listed sequentially with its actual ICD code description and a concise explanation of physiology and etiology components encompassed by the code. Get easy-to-understand ICD-10 information that you can rely on — order today!
- UPDATED! New and revised listings—now with even more ICD-10-CM descriptions, including updates based on 2017 changes
- Plain English Descriptions for more than 4,500 ICD-10-CM codes and categories—increase coding accuracy with comprehensive clinical, coding and documentation guidance
- ICD-10-CM Official Coding Guidelines—reduce claims denials by mastering the rules of ICD-10-CM coding
- Detailed, full-page anatomy illustrations—better interpret clinical notes and code with greater specificity
- Numerical arrangement—easily find the information you seek. This book mirrors the arrangement of the official ICD-10-CM code set for easy identification
- Diagnostic syndromes—understand what symptoms and/or diseases are included in a syndrome
- Prefixes and suffixes for commonly used medical terms—boost coding speed and accuracy by overcoming any unfamiliar terms in the medical record