Gain procedure coding clarity to enhance efficiency and improve accuracy with the 2017 Plain English Descriptions for Procedures.
Carefully written, detailed explanations of diseases and medical conditions, as well as descriptions for more than 8,000 CPT® codes, make it easier to decipher once-baffling information. With the 2017 Plain English Descriptions for Procedures, coders, clinicians, payers and other health care professionals will greatly increase medical necessity decision-making in support of CPT procedures and find it easier to connect medical record documentation to the correct reason for the service.
- UPDATED! Plain English Descriptions for more than 8,000 CPT® codes—increase coding accuracy with the clarification you need to choose the correct code, every time.
- UPDATED! Complete AMA CPT® code descriptions—no need to refer back to a second resource for the official descriptions.
- Detailed, full-page anatomy illustrations—better interpret clinical notes to code with greater specificity.
- Procedure illustrations—gain greater insight into specific procedures for more accurate coding.
- E/M coding guidelines—master proper documentation and proper assignment of evaluation and management codes.
- Easy look-up of medical prefixes/suffixes—better understand terms used in the medical record.
- Eponyms, acronyms, and common abbreviations—quickly decipher clinical notes with these critical elements contained within each plain English description.