Save money on your 2018 resources with our discounted bundles!
No other resource brings coders and physicians together to empower them for ICD-10 documentation success like DecisionHealth’s 2018 ICD-10-CM Documentation Trainer.
Packed with pages and pages of detailed checklists and proven tools, this book will ensure you meet all the additional ICD-10-CM documentation requirements that are critical to ICD-10 implementation success. Organized by chapters mirroring the structure of your code book, you’ll speed through this book together and have the opportunity to test each other’s knowledge of key points you’ll learn along the way with exercises, real-life coding scenarios and quizzes. This single documentation training source has all the tools necessary for an effective documentation analysis and a corrective action plan.
- UPDATED! Detailed, full-page anatomy illustrations—for better interpretation of clinical notes and coding with greater specificity.
- Checklists to identify new documentation elements for categories, subcategories and/or codes—take the guesswork out of documentation with these step-by-step guides.
- CDI checklists—identify common documentation deficiencies faced when coding COPD, Pneumonia and Sepsis/SIRS.
- Scenarios showing required documentation in both ICD-9-CM and ICD-10-CM, with additional ICD-10 requirements highlighted—see where the documentation will appear in common coding scenarios based on real-life healthcare encounters. The correct codes are included with any applicable guidelines explained.
- End of chapter quizzes—dive right into coding practice with the conditions discussed in each chapter.
- Glossary of Medical Terminology