Learn all about recent CCI changes and other important issues to ensure proper billing and payment for shoulder surgeries.
In a big victory for orthopedic practices, CMS is expected to remove Correct Coding Initiative (CCI) edits for extensive arthroscopic shoulder debridement to allow that service to be billed in the same session with three other arthroscopic shoulder procedures. The change, released in the July 1 CCI update, means you could earn more money with correct coding and billing.
At the same time, practices still struggle with coding other shoulder surgeries such as reverse total shoulder arthroplasty, shoulder revisions and ICD-10 coding for shoulder conditions.
Join orthopedic coding expert Margie Scalley Vaught to understand shoulder coding changes and the correct way to bill – e.g., what constitutes an extensive debridement versus a limited debridement. Clear up confusion around CCI code pairs that will remain in place for other arthroscopic shoulder procedures..
This intensive 60-minute webinar will help you:
- Discover the scope of the expected CCI deletion and with what procedures you now will be able to bill extensive debridement
- Get reliable guidance about the difference between extensive and limited debridement and what must be documented for each to ensure proper coding and reimbursement
- Learn about arthroscopic shoulder procedures for which CCI edits are still in effect and how they should be billed when performed together
- Clarify appropriate coding and billing of graft jackets when done with arthroscopic shoulder repair
- Understand correct coding of total shoulder revision versus reverse total shoulder arthroplasty
- Get an understanding of correct ICD-10 coding for rotator cuff injuries
- Learn correct documentation of a Mumford procedure and how it differs from acromioplasty
Approved for 1 AAPC or BMSC CEU