ICD-9-CM use has been extended to October 1, 2015. Ensure your hospital coding and billing staff have the most up-to-date ICD-9 coding information to guide correct code selection and reduce claim denials for your facility.
Use this essential code manual to:
- Reduce audit risk and potential fines with alert icons for POA and HAC indications, complications and co-morbidities (CCs), and major complications and co-morbidities (MCCs).
- Code more effficiently with more than 500 coding tips integrated throughout the book.
- Gain a snapshot of how your most-used ICD-9 codes will translate to ICD-10 with many coding crosswalks, and introductory information at both the chapter and code level to demonstrate new documentation and specificity requirements of ICD-10.
- Better interpret clinical notes with detailed, full-page anatomy illustrations, plus more than 500 code-specific illustrations.
- Ensure specifity and validity with intuitive icons for age and sex edits, new or revised text, 4th and 5th digit requirements and more.
- Identify Medicare Code Edits (MCEs) used to audit claims with Inpatient Prospective Payment System (IPPS) compliance icons.
- Get imporant informatino at a glance with color icons for "Unacceptable Principle Diagnosis" and "Non-covered Procedure", and "Valid O.R." and "Non O.R." procedures.
- Properly use V codes with V code designation icons to recognize when V codes can be used only as a primary or additional diagnosis.