In the Medical and Surgical Section of ICD-10-PCS, there are 31 root operations. These 31 root operations are described using common procedural terms, such as Bypass, Excision, and Resection with definitions that are specific to ICD-10-PCS. Assigning the correct ICD-10-PCS code from the Medical and Surgical section is dependent on understanding the root operation definitions contained in the Medical and Surgical Operations Table in ICD-10-PCS.
The 2014 ICD-10-PCS Compact Coder for Root Operations
is a reference tool that will keep the root operation definitions readily available as you master the ICD-10-PCS coding system. No more flipping to an appendix at the back of the ICD-10-PCS book or scrolling down to the table in the PDF version to identify the root operation! With this alphabetized table of root operations, root operation definitions, explanations, and examples for each root operation, you will be able to quickly identify the correct root operation for medical and surgical procedures.
- 31 Root Operations — detailed with the definition, explanation, and includes/examples noted alongside each root operation
- Organized alphabetically — makes code look-up easier
- Operations are clearly indicated by type of procedures — includes action, target, and clarification
- Durable enough not to get bent, and double-sided — incredibly user-friendly for specialty coding
- Fits in the ICD-10-CM book — get one for every office and/or specialty
Size: 8.5 x 11, flat, two-sided UV-coated sheet